Date:
Sun, 9 May 2004 21:14:42 -0600
HI folks,

I volunteer playing the grand piano in the atrium in the clinics
section at Ochsner FOundation hospital here in NEw ORleans.  I've seen
signs asking folks to turn off their cell phones when anywhere but the
first floor of that building.

WHen I did volunteer orientation I reminded some of the new volunteers
that they should disable their cell phones pagers etc.

My main hangout repeater in the area is on top of that hospital and I
could hit it from about anywhere in the building.  WHen my xyl is a
guest in their overnight rooms <hi> I don't transmit from her room.
I'll go down to the cafeteria or the atrium area if I need to carry on
a qso.

I don't want to be responsible for messing up some diagnostic or
monitoring equipment.

wIth our priveleges come responsibilities.  I was reminded when I used
to deliver newspapers that when I delivered to the 3rd floor of one
wing of the hospital in Burlington Iowa that I should not carry my
radio.  THe rent-a-cop was pretty adamant that I shouldn't evn carry
my ht, but I convinced him that as soon as I got on the elevator to go
upstairs in the hospital building the ht was off and in no way could
interfere with hospital equipment.  HE noted that I would step out the
door and call my xyl and let her know that she co uld pick me up
however.  Yes my xyl is also a licensed ham.

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions

--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania