Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 15:53:29 -0700
7bit
From:
STONE and SPEAR <[log in to unmask]>
(cross posted)
We saw this morning from one of the posts on ATKINS-NEW, an indication of
the importance of checking with your Doctor prior to starting a Low Carb
diet, actually that applies to any diet.

I was just now reading in "Protein Power" where the Eades clearly point out
that any dietary change will result in water and electrolyte loss.

They state it could be dangerous to have a an abrupt change in diet along
with abnormal heart rhythm patterns.

I'm thinking that most folks probably don't realize they have a heart
rhythm problem until they change their diet which will cause their problem
to become apparent.  Such problems usually don't occur all of a sudden,
they take months or years to develop.  So changing diet quickly unmasks
that which has been going on for some time -- maybe a good thing in
disguise.

Having an EKG before starting any diet would probably be a wise choice and
almost certainly a must should you notice anything odd or different.

Should there be an abnormal rhythm discovered it is very important to
proceed with low carbing gradually to prevent unnecessarily rapid water and
electrolyte loss i.e reduce your carbohydrates gradually over a period of
weeks and be supervised by your Doctor.  Something that Atkins tells us he
does for his patients.

Therefore, it appears to me, that everyone who has any sensation whatsoever
of a missed beat or an irregular rhythm should promptly share this with
their Physician.

Grant          [log in to unmask]

PALEOFOOD---> Hunter-Gatherer Lifestyle following "NeanderThin"
LC-DIABETES--> All carbohydrate counting diets for Diabetes control
ATKINS-NEW---> for followers of Dr. Atkins "New Diet Revolution"
More information at: http://www.mountain-inter.net/~magnuson/