ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 22:05:57 -0700
I must admit, this super bowl was probably the most exciting and well
executed match up I have ever seen.  I remember how exciting it was the
first time Denver won and that was hard to beat.  The other one that really
was an exciting game was back during the Gulf war when I think Buffalo and
the Giants played and it was one by a 65 yard field goal in the last two or
three seconds.  I never have had any desire to go to any super bowl and in
all the years we have lived in Denver, I never once have wanted to go to a
game.  I listen to them all and once had an offer of free tickets but turned
them down.  I always feel guilty in some ways watching the games thinking
about how much time is spent in just entertainment fields such as sports and
Hollywood and the like.  As exciting as it must be to win a super bowl like
that and in the last 9 seconds of the game, I can't help but think what it
is like when millions see Jesus as Savior for the first time.  Poor
comparison, I know, but it makes me stop and think about it anyhow.

Phil.

I Flew Kites With Jesus
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com