THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 20:19:04 -0800
It would be helpful to have your lab's ranges, along with the actual results.

>I have been prescribed 50 mcg of Thyroxine, then two weeks later this has
>been increased to 100 mcg.Armour is not available in UK.

Armour is available in the UK!  Getting a Dr. to actually prescribe it may
be another subject.  http://www.fudgedesign.co.uk/tuk/treat/hormone.htm

>I am confused because if my T4 is normal why do I have these symptoms?
>others are telling me that because my T4 is normal I should not be
>prescribed Thyroxene.

I think that what you are describing, raised TSH, normal T4, is called
subclinical hypothyroidism.  Did the Dr test your thyroid antibodies as
well?  Especially when you also have symptoms, treatment seems to be the
right thing to do.  It might be useful to have the T3 tested as well --
it's possible that you aren't converting the T4 to the more active form,
T3, as well as you need.

Hope that helps.

- Kevran (Hashi's HypO)

 If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message may not be distributed.

Question not answered on Thyroid? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
 and ask again!