THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kris Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 12:13:34 -0500
Hi!

I have been taking Prozac for about 5 years for clinical depression and
was recently diagnosed with Hypothyroidism (I've known I've had
Hashimoto's for about 4 years).  I am taking 112 mcg Levoxyl to treat the
hypothyroidism and am wondering if there are any adverse effects if I
continue to take the Prozac?  My psychiatrist said he didn't want to
reduce the Prozac (even though I'm still feeling really fatigued all the
time) because he says "going on Thyroid medication can often make you
depressed in and of itself".  I have been feeling fatigued and often more
depressed since going on the Levoxyl 3 months ago.  Does anyone have
experience with anti-depressant meds and thyroid meds?

Thanks!
Kris in Indiana

 If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message may not be distributed.

Question not answered on Thyriod? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
 and ask again!