From:
A S Levario <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
A S Levario <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:49:14 -0600

We have our legislation -- in the Senate S. 741, and in the House H.R.
3684, the Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act.

The Senate HELP Committee passed S. 741, by a unanimous vote on
November 21.  A floor vote in the Senate may happen early in the year.
Knowing this, it is crucial that H.R. 3684 garner as many cosponsors,
particularly Republican, as possible.  ACTF representatives are
continuing to meet with Congressional staff, to share the views of the
celiac community with regard to food labeling.   With 435 members in
the House of Representatives -- YOUR efforts are needed more than ever.
Tell your Representative to cosponsor H.R. 3684.  Need help? Go to the
e-advocacy website www.capwiz.com/celiac  -- plug in your zipcode, and
a letter can be sent on your behalf.

In addition, over the next weeks, and months, the ACTF will post
targeted alerts. These alerts will be for key Congressional Districts.
If you live in the targeted area, an extra push will be needed.  Send
the alert on to family and friends, and anyone else you can think of
who will take action.

WE CAN get a bill passed this year! Let's all work together and get it
done!

Andrea Levario
American Celiac Task Force