From:
The Notte Family <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Notte Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:07:51 -0500

I've really enjoyed the recent recipe exchange and I have already made a couple of new dished and printed several others to add to my recipe collection. I'd like to share a  great recipe I have for making a no crust cheesecake. This recipe was given to from my mother-in-law who made, in my opinion, the world's best cheesecake which just happens to be naturally GF.  I call it Susie's Cheesecake in memory of my dear mother-in-law.

Obviously it won't work for those who cannot tolerate dairy (sorry) and it is loaded with fat and cholesterol so I would not consider it health food. I only make it for special occasions and give it to my favorite friends at holiday time. Everyone that eats it raves about how delicious it is.

Please be sure to buy GF ingredients. Also make sure to use whipped cream cheese because it makes for a wonderfully light consistancy that is rich tasting. Enjoy.

Susie's Cheesecake

Ingredients:

¼ lb sweet butter

1 ½ C sugar

32 oz whipped cream cheese

16 oz sour cream

2 T corn starch

1 tsp. vanilla

1 ½ tsp lemon juice

5 eggs

Let cream cheese, sour cream and butter stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Cream together butter and sugar. Mix in cream cheese then add sour cream. Add remaining ingredients except eggs and mix until smooth. Beat each egg individually and mix into batter one at a time. (You can mix by hand or with a mixer on the lowest speed.)

Pour the mixture into a 10 inch greased spring form pan. Line the pan with aluminum foil. Place the spring form pan into a large roasting pan that is half filled with hot water. Bake in a preheated 375º oven until golden brown and hour to an hour and a half. When golden brown, turn off oven and let stay in oven for another hour. Remove spring form pan from oven and refrigerate until

cold. Remove from pan and serve.

Joyce