From:
Victor Mathieu <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Victor Mathieu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:25:08 -0600

We are two in a family of eight who are celiac, diagnosed at age 52 and 56 years. A third brother aged 62 years has developed serious reactions to different foods over the past three weeks.  When he has an allergy attack his face becomes flushed and he feels a heat sensation going to his head.  The first attack occurred while he was eating an orange and brazilian nuts, the second while eating pecan nuts, the third while eating an orange and apple, the fourth while eating a soup and muffin and the fifth while having a coffee.  Until his recent bout of allergies he appeared to be otherwise in good health except for the occasional migraine headache. He saw an allergy doctor to-day and asked him if there could be a possibility of celiac disease and the doctor said no.

I am wondering if any of you on this list have experienced similar re-actions to foods and later discovered that you were celiac. I'm trying to help him out as his reactions are quite severe. Thanks.

Victor, Timmins Ontario