From:
Graeme Chirnside <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Graeme Chirnside <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 12:03:43 +1300

Hi

I hope to visit the Czech Republic in mid-2004. My son and his partner live in Prague. My son's partner is a Czech citizen.

I am an extremely sensitive coeliac and cannot tolerate the Codex quality wheat starch allowable in European GF foods.

Can any members of the list provide reliable information on the availability of 'wheat and gluten-free' ( i.e. no Codex wheat starch ) products in Prague?

How reliable and accurate is the labeling system on packaged products in Prague?

Can any members provide general advice on living 'wheat and gluten-free' in Prague.

Specific questions:

I note the Czech Coeliac Society web page lists the availability of certain gluten-free breads.

Are any of the gluten-free breads that are available in Prague 'wheat and gluten-free'? ( i.e. no wheat starch )

Can any such breads be purchased 'ready baked'?

Can anyone name 'wheat and gluten free' rice biscuits that may be available in Prague?

Any reliable information on living in Prague with a 'wheat and gluten-free' diet will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Graeme
New Zealand.