EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Equal Access to Software & Information <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Aug 2009 17:28:40 -0700
EASI has several Webinars this fall to help Web designers with their work.

Web design is one of those jobs, like housework and desk tidying, that are
never done.  As Web pages are constantly being updated, there is a
probability that new accessibility issues will pop up no matter how careful
the designer works and intends to avoid them.  Fortunately, there are
several tools to help us find both our old and our new mistakes> These
Webinars are free and open to the public, but you need to register in
advance to get the login information.

The first Webinar in the series is Thursday August 13 at 2 PM Eastern and
demonstrates the newest of these accessibility tools.  AChecker has just
been released by the University of Toronto.
Register now at http://easi.cc/clinic.htm

The second Webinar is on September 15 demonstrating the Firefox
accessibility extension and the third in the series is on September 22
describing the WAVE by WebAIM.
Registration for these will be available later this week at:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm

Norman Coombs