EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ann Parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 07:40:30 -0500
Hi Larry,

If you mean the old Versapoint, that thing, I have one, is a dumb
printer.  If they're using Duxbury, tell 'em to set it up for standard
printer and leave it at that.  If you have to, you might have to go
through the stuff about the port, dts and all that, but that is in the
Versapoint.  They probably need to change the settings, though I
dunnow why.  Probably want to change one or two things, but tell 'em
to check manual on how to change settings.

I don't know what things are done in Appledom, but I have my old
Versapoint printing from Windows and from Linux.   I think it's called
Standard Printer or default or common or regular or something.  If
they make the change in the brailling software, they should be OK.
There might be drivers on the FS site, not sure.  Seems I remember
somebody talking about old equipment specs and drivers and such on the
FS site.

Ann P.

--
                        Ann K. Parsons
email:  [log in to unmask]

 See EASI Special October Bonus offer at http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI November courses are:
Barrier-free E-learning, Accessible Internet Multimedia and Business Benefits of Accessible IT Design:
http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi

>>> Error in line 8 of EASI.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<