EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 07:18:55 -0500
we have such good html ways of doing things that I see no reason to spoil
it.  lots of senarios will not have two windows open at the same time and
this would not degrade gracefully on them.  I do not know a way other than
js of springing new windows on the unsuspecting.  It is somewhat of a
cognition issue as well.  Keeping it simple if possible is a good rule and
serves many purposes.  Why have everything else act one and foot notes only
act in its own special way.  A link is a link.  a window is something
entirely different even if it is spawned by a link.  Some might argue that
it might be an accessibility issue not to allow the two windows to be
displayed side by side and to this I say, now we have three ways to do it of
which I would allow for two +access keys which are link to the footnotes and
link back from them for each one, provide a pop up window for all the
footnotes and that window would allow you to jump quickly through that page
via either access key if supported or link pairs much like Whas become to be
known as the skip link.  I love these lovely little things because they
allow you to traverse all through a page without ever leaving it.  That
would then be the same page with access keys that you would have in the
document to which you link when you use a foot note comment in the document.