EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alan Cantor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 16:48:19 -0500
Hello EASI People,

A colleague and I are trying to access PDF files using JAWS in Internet
Explorer. We have JAWS 4.5, and have downloaded and installed the latest
version of Acrobat Reader. (For good measure, we also downloaded and installed
the MakeAccessible plug-in!)

So far, JAWS has not been able to make head or tails of any PDF file,
including those on the IRS web site that are supposed to be accessible. In
fact, several times we have seen a pop up message indicating that there is no
screen reader support.

Is there something we are missing?

Alan