EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jim Rebman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 17:19:21 -0700
I have had the pleasure of meeting with Ryan on a couple of occasions in
the past year when he paid us a visit at the University of Colorado.  Not
only is he a very creative, intelligent, and motivated young man, but he is
also a truly a nice unassuming person -- not the least bit arrogant,
egotistical,  or stuffy.

I am sure Ryan would be the first to correct some of the editorial
embellishments, but it should be pointed out that this device translates
finger-spelling and not true ASL as the article implies.  His next step is
to make a synthetic speech output system for the device, and I have offered
some ideas and made myself available to him for further consultation should
he desire it, but he will undoubtedly do fine without me <smile>.

We do hope Ryan will attend CU this Fall and become a big part of the new
AT R&D Center we are proposing to the university, but of course, will
respect whatever choice he makes.

-- Jim