From:
Penny Siegmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Penny Siegmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 09:09:13 -0500

Hi Everyone -
Just wanted to report back to you the responses I received re: the
necessity of using GF Skin Care/Makeup for those without DH.
(As a new person, this is all very confusing - GF x 4days now.)

Here it goes:

The definitive answer is that there is no definitive answer yet. Responses
varied greatly from one extreme to the other - 'no problem' using non-GF
skin care/makeup products vs. use GF products if it can get in your mouth
(e.g. lipstick, hand lotion, toothpaste, etc.) vs. use only GF products.
(From the LIMITED research I have done in the archives & on the internet,
it appears the medical community is split as well.)

I guess the bottom line is this: personal reaction & choice.

For now I am choosing to switch to as many GF products I can find that may
potentially get near my mouth. Until I am completely detoxed from gluten, I
don't want to take any chances. But it's up to you, and the reactions that
you have.

Thanks to all!

Still learning in NY,
Penny