Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 16:02:52 EDT

I had asked if anyone knew if celiacs would have an allergic reaction to the
tuberculosis screening test.  I had a positive response (big itchy welt).  I
then had a chest X-Ray which my doctor said is clear for TB.  I have no
idea if
it was just an allergic response or if I have been exposed to TB sometime in
my life which my body then fought off.

I heard from celiacs who get the test yearly and have a negative response.  I
also heard from some who have been told they have an allergic response.
Others actually had been exposed to TB and had missed getting treatment early
because whoever was reading test thought it was an allergic response.

Bottom-line:  It doesn't look like there is anything in the TB screening test
that would automatically cause a celiac to have a positive response.  I was
also warned that whatever the cause, once you have a non-negative response to
the TB test, you shouldn't take it again.  I must admit, my response to the
test this year was much worse than what happened last year (won't be doing
that
again).  Thanks to all who responded!
  Barb in Springfield, OH