From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:07:45 -0500
I'm not sure how much of modern dentistry is helpful and how much is
harmful. There has not been a lot of clinical studies on this, but
dentists do things because that is what they are trained to do and have
always done.

Cleanings probably help people who get a lot of plaque build-up.
Fillngs probably help too because witthout them teeth will tend to
disintegrate and be lost.

Most questionable is how gums are treated. Boomers are questioning why
their dentist or periodontist wants to cut their gums. They already have
found that root planing wasn't needed or desirable.

--Richard