From:
Jay Banks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:36:52 -0600
From: Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
> The evidence is pretty substantial that insulin levels have more to do
> with health and longevity than any other factors (other than, of
> course, avoiding short-term poisons like arsenic).
>
> As such, if the general population changed from french fries and
> cookies to bacon, the resulting overall health increase would probably
> cut the national medical expenditure in half.

Interesting that you associate eating bacon with cutting
insulin levels. After reading this message, I just happened
to listen to an interview with Dr. Murray N.D. (www.doctormurray.com),
author of How to Prevent and Treat Diabetes with Natural Medicine.
In the discussion, he mentioned nitrates, especially those as
found in cured and smoked foods, were a strong risk factor
for developing diabetes, and he listed bacon at the top of the
list of offending foods.

I recorded the interview actually, and if anyone is interested
in listening to it in the RealAudio format, you can
download it, and some other interviews as well, from here:

http://www.vitaminb17.org/temp/

RealAudio isn't one of my favorite formats and if
anyone needs a player to play the files, I highly
recommend one of the alternatives listed at the above
link.

For all its faults, though, it's hard to beat a 45 minute
interview being compressed down to a 5 MB file.

Jay Banks
www.roadtowellsville.com