ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pat Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 21:30:43 -0600
Dear Loving EChurch family,

I would like to know your thoughts from a Biblical perspective of the movie
"The Passion Of Christ".

How many of you are planning on seeing it?

Did you all know that it is in 3 Biblical languages, I believe they are,
Latin, Greek, and Aromaic? If I'm wrong, someone please feel free to
correct me. There will be "sub titles" at the bottom of the screen which we
will all have to have red to us.

I wasn't going to go when I found this out, but I have 2 sighted friends
who are willing to go with me, and read the sub titles to me. I even got
permission from the movie theater as long as we aren't too loud.

I'm pretty sure others will be reading the screen as well, as they will
have to read it, since there will be no english translation.

I've been told that the movie is quite and extremely vilent, however I feel
that since Jesus died on the cross for our sins, that I should go see the
movie.

I did miss the interview Diane Sawyer did with Mell Gibson who directed,
and produced this movie. He is also in the Movie.

I would like to know all your thoughts on this.

I'm Praising God for all of you, and loving all of you. Many lovings and
squeezings for you all.

Love and Blessings,
Pat Ferguson