ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peggy Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:05:37 -0800
Wow, Phil, that's so sad.  But I've heard stories of the Lord ministering
to and revealing Himself to people in comas.  So whether Larry already
knows Him or not, we can pray that God will reveal Himself to him in a
powerful way, to strengthen his faith and make Larry aware of His love and
presence.

Peggy

At 10:28 PM 1/19/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>Virgie is back in West Virginia now.  Larry has been given about a 60
>percent chance of recovering.  Even then, the doctor said, it will be only
>because he wants to.  He was moved into another care unit in this hospital
>but he is now sedated around the clock.  His respiration's are only 10 to 11
>per minute.  Normal is 20 or so.  This is with the ventilator and his trake
>tube.  They are now turning the oxygen up more and more because he isn't
>breathing enough. Virgie was able to talk to him before they sedated him but
>he could only shake his head and squeeze her hand.  She asked him several
>questions and said, you don't want to die, do you?  He shook his head no and
>she asked the question about three different times in three different ways.
>I knew when Larry went to Mississippi, as ill as he was, that he was going
>there to die.  I love Larry very much but I don't believe he is born again.
>He has been totally unable to communicate since he went into the I C U down
>there.  I talked to him on about the 26 or 27 of December when he went into
>the hospital.  He was on oxygen at the time and he could hardly breathe.  I
>knew in my spirit that Larry was calling to say goodbye for the last time.
>The only way I know to pray now is that somehow, in some miraculous way, the
>Lord would give Larry one more chance to hear the gospel.  That means, in my
>way of thinking, either the Lord himself will have to go and talk to him or
>send one of his angels to communicate the truth to him.  It is a very
>strange way to pray but it is all he's got now because he is basically in a
>coma.  I've had several friends die in the last 10 years and some I am not
>certain were born again.  One was my best friend, too.  I am pretty certain
>he was born again but it wasn't like I didn't try because he had heard me
>preach and I had witnessed to him more than once.  It is extremely difficult
>to see a friend die that you are pretty certain is not born again.  He could
>live for weeks the way he is now but I doubt he will ever recover.
>
>Phil.

mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~kernsac
MSN Messenger [log in to unmask]