C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 12:53:31 -0700
   i am sending a couple more examples what senators
appointed for the states would do for the states if it
had been kept as the senators not being popularly
elected. i am doing this becouse thetwo i sent, while
inportant to me may not be as important to some of
you, so i will send a couple that may be more relavant
to some of you.
  can we say unfunded mandates. if senators are
appointed by the state governments then many of these
do not get past both houses.
  can we say poirk barrell spending. many states pay
more in than they get back from federal taxes. if the
senators are appointed by the states, then some of
this put in by the peoples reps in the house gets
weeded out by senators from the states on the short
end of the tax and spend.
   the founders had reason for everyything they did.
the constitution was and is a work of genous.