VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
George Cassell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Cassell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Aug 2005 12:57:23 -0700
It sounds like your computer is infected with the latest worm that's making
the rounds on the internet, particularly if you're running Windows 2000.
But you don't necessarily have to be running Windows 2000 to be infected
with it, as there are now many variants of it making the rounds now.

One of the characteristics of this worm is rebooting your computer over and
over again, just as you have described.

You didn't have to do anything wrong yourself to get infected with this
thing, just be connected to the internet.  So don't fret, as it wasn't your
fault.

-- George