VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:39:13 -0400
Hello Peter and other interested parties.

Well Peter I certainly am filling up your inbox today.

 here are some shortcuts for Microsoft Word.
     Ctrl + A  =  Selects all the contents of a page
     Ctrl + C  =  Copy selected text
     Ctrl + X  =  Cut selected text
     Ctrl + P  =  Paste the selected text
     Ctrl + F  =  Opens the find box
     Ctrl + B  =  Bolds the highlighted selection
     Ctrl + I  =  Italicize the highlighted selection
     Ctrl + K  =  Insert a link to a Web site
     Ctrl + U  =  Underline the highlighted selection
     Ctrl + Y  =  Repeat the last action performed
     Ctrl + Z  =  Undo last action (I love this one!)
     Ctrl + End  =  Moves the cursor to the end of the document
     Ctrl + Home  =  Moves the cursor to the beginning of the document

Let's start with the WINKEY. This is the key with the backwards Windows
flag on it, which you may not have, depending on your keyboard.
     WINKEY + D  =  Minimizes all windows and shows the desktop
     WINKEY + L  =  Locks the computer (Windows XP only)
     WINKEY + Tab  =  Lets you cycle through the programs shown
on the taskbar
     WINKEY + F  =  Brings up the Windows Search box

Here are some goodies for Internet Explorer.
     Ctrl + Enter  =  Quickly completes an Web address. So, type
komando in the address bar. Then, press CTRL + ENTER to get
http://www.komando.com.
     Esc  =  Stops page from loading
     Ctrl + N  =  Open New browser window.
     F5  =  Refresh current page / frame.
     F11  =  Display the current website in full screen mode.
If that's not what you want, press F11 again
     Alt + Left Arrow   =  Go back a page
     Alt + Right Arrow  =  Go forward a page

There are also mouse shortcuts.
     Double-click  =  Selects a word.
     Triple-click  =  Selects a paragraph.
     Ctrl + Mouse wheel  =  Use it when you want to zoom in and
out of what is showing on