VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 17:53:19 -0500
Hi George:

This is not at all difficult. Here are the step by step instructions:

1. Hit alt t for tools

2. Up arrow twice until you hear accounts; hit enter

3. you will then be in a list box containing all your accounts; unless, of
course, you only have one.

4. move to the email account you want to modify, then hit enter

5. tab over four times until you hear properties; hit  enter

6. You'll hear: , "type the name by which you would like to refer to these
servers." Here is where you would modify the name that appears in the email
accounts list. If you're happy with that, leave it alone; it isn't what you
asked about anyway; that's coming up now.

7. tab over once until you hear "name."

8. Backspace or delete out whatever's there, and type whatever name you
would like to have appear in the "from" field of your sent messages.

9. tab five times over to "okay", hit enter.

10. You're now back at the "properties" dialogue box. Tab over four times
until you hear "close. Hit enter.

11. Put a fork in it...you're done; vwa la; (spelled to accommodate
eliquence), <smile>!

HTH!

John