VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 04:35:34 -0500
I copied this from the Komando weekend newsletter of November 13, 04:

FIREFOX IS OUT IN ITS FINISHED VERSION
Firefox, the free Internet browser, has been released in its final
form. Servers at Mozilla.org, the group that led the effort to build
Firefox, were overwhelmed this week by download requests.

Many people consider Firefox more advanced than Internet Explorer.
That's not surprising--Microsoft simply stopped developing IE several
years ago after it vanquished Netscape in the browser wars.

Aficionados believe Firefox is much more secure than Internet Explorer.
That's hard to say definitively. But I think it is much less likely to
be attacked than Internet Explorer, because it only has a sliver of the
market. IE remains a very big target. You can download Firefox at: