VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lisa McManus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lisa McManus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 22:55:32 -0400
        Hi guys,

I have not found out the mystery involved with something set on my computer
to block things.  It is only on my computer because in an experiment my
husband tried things at work and they work.  I have windows xp and he does
not and he also does not have norton internet security.  There are
absolutely no new windows that open when I try to do a search on the qvc
site.  It just sits there and says just a second forever.  I have internet
explorer with the latest version and window eyes 4.5.  Another thing that I
noticed that I am blocked from is radio stations.  I tried to go into one
to listen and it said that the information bar put up a message preventing
me and microsoft did not recommend turning off the information bar because
you are prone to viruses etc.  Since these things are not blocked on
computers without windows xp and norton internet security I am assuming
that these problems have something to do with settings in one of the
programs.  I guess I will have to have the people that put my computer
together to come to my house.  The bad thing about paying them to come is
that they do not know much more about the intricacy of the settings than I
do.  Thanks for everyone's input.

Lisa