VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elizabeth Layton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 22:01:46 -0500
Come on, youse guys,  tell me which computer equipment is the best
that's out there now,
in terms of
-availability
-ease of use
-lowness of price

Y'all are the experts and I really need your advice.

1.  Which is the better reading machine?
______Open Book
______The Reading Edge
______ OMNI 3000
______Arkenstone's WYNN.
                Has anybody tried this???  Has anybody HEARD OF this?
Is this even out yet???
_____ Other

        How does the one you chose work?  What are it's requirements?
(What is its price?)

2.  Which is the best screen reader?

______JAWS for Windows
______  ASAW
______other

3.  Which is the best voice input system?

______Dragon's Naturally speaking
______IBMs VIA Voice
______other  (I've heard Kurzweil is about ready to come out with its
continuous speech engine.  Any skinny on this?)

4.  Which is the best speech synthesizer?  Internal or external?

5.  Have you had or heard of problems of interference using both voice
input and voice output?
     What other problems are awaiting me in trying to configure the most
wonderful computer in the world that I don't even know about yet?

If you answer this survey directly to me, I promise that I will tally
all votes and publish the results on the list.