VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Albert Ruel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Albert Ruel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:03:45 -0800
Mike, I agree with you that any person with the right qualifications should
be able to teach, and sight shouldn't be one of those qualifications.
However, blindness won't automatically give one the qualifications to teach
either, otherwise the driving lessons my father gave me, complete with his
bad habits, would have to stand as lessons from a Driving Instructor.  As
much as I love the man, his having sight and a Drivers License didn't
automatically make him an instructor, and by the same token the fact that I
am blind doesn't make be an instructor either.

Thx, Albert