VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 10:35:53 -0400
I have always been a proponent of some kind of system where my ballot could
be secret.

I thought my best hope was the "electronic voting" systems, and I still do
think so!

There are interesting political ramifications involved with a very technical
situation.  How well do computers, programmers, corporations and politicians
plus voters mix?

I would be happy, and think it is prudent to have a paper trail in a locked
box!  We have good trust in our state troopers, election officials and
election laws here in Maine!

The following story is long and is on Alternet.org.  It is written by
someone calling themselves Buzz Flash.  I do not know who that is.

I do know who is being interviewed, and am interested in the "Harris"
viewpoint.

What do you think?

Steve Hoad,
Windsor Maine

WILL ELECTRONIC VOTING MACHINES STEAL THE 2004 ELECTION?
BuzzFlash
An Interview with author and agitator Bev Harris, author of
Black Box Voting: Ballot-Tampering in the 21st Century.
*In Rights and Liberties:
http://www.alternet.org/rights/

posting from Windsor Maine;
Steve Hoad