VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 13:17:44 -0400
For those attending the ACB convention.

Peter

        We are pleased to announce three related events to you and your
cel phone.  If you are sick of pressing the wrong button and ending up in
a menu that you can't see and only techs in the depths of research
dungeons know what is going on; we've got some hope for you!

        *  On Sunday and Monday and perhaps Tuesday afternoons Janina
Sajka from the American Foundation for the Blind who is an expert in
Section 255 of the telecommunications law will be available to meet with
people and file complaints if necessary with the FCC while you are there.
Cool huh?  More info to come.

        *  On Tuesday afternoon at 2 PM where the regular sessions are to
be held, Linda Day from AT&T Wireless will be available to meet with folks
and talk about cel phones as a way of helping folks understand what is up.
Be sure to come see Linda on that day.  Again more info to come.

        *  On Wednesday morning Jenifer Simpson from the Federal
Communications Commission will be talking about the status of descriptive
video and Section 255 as well.

        So ACB has the bases covered with the help of our partners and we
invite you to participate in these events that will surely get the ball
rolling on cel phone technology!

        If you need more information then just wait until you get to the
convention for a really cool info system from our braille newspaper to

a new telephone based reporting and announcement system that Penny Reeder
is just itching to share!