From:
Fredrik Murman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 03:26:15 -0500
Michael Weis wrote:

>Has anyone else had this problem? Every time I go into a restaurant or
>a store now and I come face to face with all these marvelous delicacies
>which are now off limits, it makes me crazy. I am getting bored with
>meat (chicken, fish, etc.) veggies, fruit and seeds.

Michael, I believe your problem can be fixed, or at least lessened, in
either of two ways: you eat much more fat or you introduce starch into
your diet. In my opinion, some good sources of animal fat are salmon,
herring, eel, pork, eggs, and bone marrow. But, personally when I was
off grains, dairy, legumes and potatoes, mostly I didn't desire animal
fat. Instead I gorged in nuts, fruits and berries, and ended up in
attacks of weakness, fatigue and feeling unsatisfied. I solved the
problem by reintroducing starch into my diet in the form of rye and
later even wheat. I know these are regarded as poisons by many, but
they gave me back my life. A less radical source of starch perhaps is
potatoes. They make me satisfied as well and I like them with meat,
especially pork; but I prefer grains as my main source of starch. If
you think grains and potatoes are poisons, you could try sweet potatoes
(12.65% starch) which I believe are regarded paleo, or cashews (23.49%
starch). Starchy foods like pizza, bread and chips, seem to be the paleo
cheeters favorite choices.

Fredrik

Arena for vegheads and meatheads
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/vegvsmeat/