From:
Fredrik Murman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2004 17:48:21 -0500
In the beginning of this year I started to suspect that my general weakness
and often occuring attacks of fatigue, were at least partly somehow related
to me eating excessive amounts of fruits - especially dried fruits.

For several months I tried to decrease my consumtion without much success.
When I eliminated some varieties of fruits I started to eat huge quantities
of berries instead with no improvement in my condition. Besides fruits and
berries I ate almonds. I also ate some meat but I didn't feel like eating
much or any fat. I carved it off several times. I also threw away whole
fatty meals I had prepared for myself in hope to get myself interested in
fat again. What a waste. I also ate some rye. I was weak and had attacks of
fatigue but I just continued filling myself. It was a complete madness.

Finally about two months ago I decided to let myself eat as much rye as I
wanted. I don't remember exactly why I decided to do that. There maybe was
a wage idea of a need of starch and fructose intolerance. Rye had
previously been a minor part of my diet. I also let myself eat as much
fermented dairy as I pleased because I didn't like rye bread and rye
porridge without fermented butter and fermented milk.

What happened in a couple of weeks was that rye and fermented dairy took
over completely. I lost my desire for fruits and berries. My weakness
disappeared. I found it amazing that I could go and continue working after
a meal without feeling sleepy or fearing an attack of fatigue a couple of
hours later, or later in the day.

I feel so satisfied and stable that it's scary. I don't know how long I can
continue on this new diet of rye, fermented dairy, various animals, some
berries and some varieties of vegetables. Mostly I've eaten rye porridge,
rye bread, butter and yogurt. Today, after more than a week without any
desire for meat, I ate some deer.

My current behaviour certainly isn't paleo, and my fruit bingeing probably
wasn't either; but I feel so incredibly good, or should I say addicted?

Fredrik