From:
Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 May 2004 14:36:11 -0700
On Saturday, May 8, 2004, at 01:59 PM, Barry wrote:

> Pile some hay or dry grass up about 1 foot to 18 inches high throw duck
> into grass.
> Light.
> Pile on more hay so that the pile burns about 10 minutes.
> Let it burn out. Fish out the chunks. Mmmmm... black on the outside,
> juicy and tender on the inside!

Seen other cooking 'techniques' like that.  In France on the sea we
visited an old oyster fisherman. He piled up the oysters and just laid
a pile of dried grape vines on top. The vines burned very quickly and
hot. In a few minutes we were eating the oysters.

The best steak I ever ate was just thrown directly on top of a deep bed
of hardwood coals. After a short time we turned it over to cook the
other side. Pick off the coals, it was wonderful.