From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 19:08:37 -0500
Lovely report.....no
caries/cavities.

Great dental news -- but I don't think paleo eating has much to do with
it.   I've never had a cavity in my life and neither has my brother who
eats lots of junkfood, etc and has all his life.  He never had good habits
with respect to flossing, brushing.  Back he was a kid and got braces, I
remember our family dentist warning him that he'd better start doing a
better job of flossing and brushing or he'd have a mouthful of cavities
when the braces came off.  Well, on the day his braces came off, it took
the doc ages to scrape away all the tarter and plaque, but there wasn't a
single cavity.  Cavity-free mouths likely have more to do with genetics or
one other theory I heard from a French dentist was that it has something to
do with one's saliva.  Who knows...