From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:26:53 -0800
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:33:46 -0600, you wrote:

>It really boggles the mind that someone could convince themselves
>that bacon and beer is the healthy choice because it is "low carb."
>
>A person can lose weight with chemo therapy, too. And sadly,
>if people keep shoveling in the bacon, chemo might start looking
>like the healthy alternative. I don't know. Pretty scary.

The evidence is pretty substantial that insulin levels have more to do
with health and longevity than any other factors (other than, of
course, avoiding short-term poisons like arsenic).

As such, if the general population changed from french fries and
cookies to bacon, the resulting overall health increase would probably
cut the national medical expenditure in half.

Which is why virtually every medical authority has argued against the
otherwise obvious shift from low-fat to low-carb.

--
Cheers,

Ken