ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 07:36:58 -0600
Hi, we are still studying John in church on wednesdays.
We are in John 17 now and our bastor is talking about the prayer Jesus
praied before he died.  Interesting points he and other people have brought
up are, how different this prayer is from any prayer we might pray.  Usually
we will ask for help with something for ourselves.  He also talked of how
jesus talks of how he kept the law all his life.
I questioned the pastor on that one.  I asked, didn't he show some human
weakness in some things?
I brought up the instance where he got angry and over turned tables in the
temple.
His response to that was that some anger is justified.
Then I asked him about the wedding where he turned water to wine, was that
for a selfish reason or could it come under the heading of honoring his
mother since she was the one who asked that he do it?
Pastor said that it could come under that heading but that it was also
helpping people out.
I think that's what he said.
I'm just throwing this out here because I have nothing else to talk of
really.
It is raining a lot here in these last few days.
We had to accept rides from family yesterday to get around and then our
regular ride for church when the weather is bad did not work out and the
pastor came and got us and dropped us off.
It was only after he got us to the church that he told the congrigation of
his blood pressure meds being halfed recently and of how he had been having
fainting spells.
hahahahahaha
I started to say  something but I kept my mouth shut.
Probably should have spoken up as he is always cracking jokes and he even
went so far yesterday as to ask us if our familys ever kidded.
I guess we come off too dry.
I told him that one of my flaws or oddities was that I was always joking but
that when someone said something to me that I took them seariously at first.
Is it not being able to read faces?
Hmmm?
I'm still playing with the raspberry tea recipe and any suggestions are
still welcomed.

Take Care,

Matt