ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 19:48:24 -0600
Hi all,
This is a sad thing in our lives just now.
We are currently watching 3 different couples, one from each of our families
and one a couple of friends, go through the beginning stages of divorce.
Two have not filed yet, as far as we know, and the other is fighting over
custody of kids and separation of material goods.
What can we do but to pray and offer our knowledge on marriage?
I try to keep this stuff out of my head since it just drags me down but I am
finding it hard.
In two of the cases I don't like at least one of the spouses and I can see
why the divorce might happen but still, that's my own selfish thoughts and
in truth these are people who loved each other enough to marry at one time
or
another.
In two of the cases there are kids involved.
Those are really the saddest.
Does anyone know of any scriptures which might comfort me?
I mean, things like, what a wonderful thing it is to be married, count your
blessings every minute of every day or something like that?
I know that sounds self centered.  hahahahahah
But, that's where I find myself.  Very grateful for my marriage and for a
wife who is working with me and who discusses with me when other women in
other couples have wrong thinking concerning their marriage or men in
general.
Hah, just had a thought.
Think I'll send my wife roses next week.

Take Care,

Matt
Matt