ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Schwery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 18:03:25 -0600
Phil, did you mean, insert psychiatrists in place of bread?  If so, of
course, you are right.  The translators were afraid to do it.  That is
all.  sure, the psychiatrists, even Christian psychiatrists, treat man as
an animal, the smartest animal, but that's ok.  Man is a spiritual being,
and should be treated as such, but that's ok.  Man, still lives by
psychiatrists alone.  Sadly, sir, I fear you are right.

At 12:18 PM 1/11/04 -0700, you wrote:
>And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of
>God, command that these stones be made bread.  But he answered
>and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but
>by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
>
>Note.  I wonder if he forgot to say psychiatrist in this passage.  Maybe we
>need a new translation to clarify this error.  I mean, perhaps it wasn't in
>the original manuscripts.
>
>Phil.

John

   I'm going crazy. Wanna come along ?