ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:05:40 -0700
I thought it worth mentioning, since many Christians put so much stock in
the professionals as if they have a corner on the market when it comes to
knowing the will of God and the Word of God, that what I do in prayer
sessions was discovered through the Holy Spirit by a psychologist with to
PHd degrees and a masters degree in family and marriage counseling.  He was
also a pastor in Southern Baptist churches for 19 years before he went into
psychological therapy practice.  However, he freely admits he didn't learn
any of this in school; he Learned it because the Lord showed it to him one
day when he was so frustrated with his Christian counseling ministry that he
wanted to quit and told the Lord that.  He had been working with 8 sexually
abused women and using so called Christian psychological counseling
techniques for up to 5 years and yet they were not healed.  Yes, they were
better and on drugs to keep them under control but he wasn't satisfied with
just them being some better; he wanted God to heal them and to set them
free.  On the way home one night, he prayed and told the Lord he was going
to quit.  The Holy Spirit began showing Him how to allow the Lord to do the
work as he did nothing but pray.  All 8 women, within another 15 to 20
prayer sessions, some in single prayer sessions, were not only healed but
going back to their family doctors, who removed them each from the
antidepressants and other drugs because their own family doctors said they
were no longer depressed.  He did nothing but pray.  Now he works
exclusively with Satanic Ritual Abuse SRA cases from all over the world who
come to him.  I took all three of his training courses but the bottom line
is focused intercessory prayer on a one to one bases.  It is not psychology
or therapy or behavior modification or hypnosis or visualization or
suggestive imagery or regressive methodology or inner healing, or memory
blocking or suppressiveness feeling diversionary therapy.  It is simple
prayer.  Yes, I know how we, even as Christians, have been conditioned to
believe more in unsaved professionals, so called, who supposedly have
studied human behavior and know more than the Bible about such things but we
have been duped in to focusing on others than on God in the process.  Who
knows more about human behavior than the Creator of man?  Oh, I forgot.  God
doesn't heal any longer.  He used to in the Old Testament and in the very
early days of the New Covenant but it petered out with the last apostle,
whoever that was, and God can't even cure a headache any longer.  That's
right, just keep listening to the human reasoning and the source of that
human reasoning and keep living in fear and panic and doubt and fears and
darkness.  When you stand before the Lord some day, though, He is going to
ask you why you didn't open up all the presents He gave you while on earth,
which he bled and died for.

Phil.