ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peggy Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 18:52:55 -0800
Yay, Kathy!  Glad you have water again!  Isn't it amazing how we take
things for granted until we don't have them?  This was brought home to me a
week and a half ago when our power went out.  It was fun at first, and even
more fun when we were sent home from work an hour and a half later.  But
after almost 5 hours, it was getting really old, and I was delighted when
the power came on.  I imagine it was even worse living without water for a
day and a half.  It might be an interesting spiritual exercise to think of
all the little things we take for granted and thank God for them:  Eating a
meal and digesting the food with no problem; being able to hear and smell
and taste and feel;  waking up each morning;  having a job;  being able to
move our bodies and speak;  etc, etc, etc.

Peggy

  At 09:06 AM 1/9/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey guys, our water is flowing again.  Yea!  We didn't need to call the
>plumber.  The drains aren't all thawed yet, but at least we're finally
>getting somewhere!  Thanks for praying us through yet another Du Bois
>crisis!
>Kathy, who is heading for the shower now so you guys can start breathing
>without clothespins on your noses now!

>The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
>Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~kernsac
MSN Messenger [log in to unmask]