ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 08:07:10 -0500
You're not rambling, Lelia, it's a good point.  Smile.  Every bride and
groom want to give their guests a little momento and some folks who don't
have a lot of money to spend use napkins with the couples' names on it and
the date of the wedding. The problem is that they are not very sturdy and
won't last getting home very well, much less being saved for any length of
time.  I can understand the mentality but you'd think there is something
equally inexpensive but more durable.  The last wedding I went to, a
Christian couple though I don't think it matters in this case, they gave a
little flower bulb in a box as their momentos so we can each plant a flower
and be reminded of their growing love that needs constant care.  Great
message there and a lot more durable than a napkin.  Smile.

When we were kids they always gave those white almonds (I never knew at the
time what they were) in netting inside of some little ceramic thing with the
couples names and the wedding date.  Haven't seen those lately but they were
awfully nice.

I'm the one who's rambling lion