ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 09:33:17 -0500
I know John started this thread all in fun, but we really should be careful
about joking when discussing so-called "cyber marriages" and divorce.
Divorce is probably something that should never be joked about, even on this
list.  Remember that some of our own family members (list members that is)
have gone through this pain and I'm sure they'd say it is not a joking
matter.  And to joke about something GOD says He hates probably isn't a good
idea anyway.

Also, this "cyber marriage" thing, from what I've heard about it, is a very
real problem.  People are actually doing this sort of thing, including
people who are married in real life to other people.  A bizarre business.

So, no offense taken by me and I'm sure by the Goose Girl, and all in good
fun.  But I won't be contributing anymore to this thread.  (Though I
understand those of you who have no problem with what I'm probably being
overly sensitive about may want to continue.)

Lion who, if he ever does marry, will only marry a woman who agrees to a
full Italian wedding with lots of food and music and with the "C" word
optional since it was only a substitute for his real Sweetie