ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 2003 20:58:44 -0700
I have never had the courage to punch up my talking watch during church and
often put on my Braille watch or bring my Braille pocket watch so as not to
attract too much attention to myself.  However, maybe if them long winded
preachers, myself excluded because I have never preached longer than an hour
and 45 minutes before, heard two or three dozen talking watches going off
every five minutes, they'd cut their sermons down a little.  I had a blind
friend who weighed about 450 pounds and was also six foot 2 or three.  He
had a talking watch and, bless God, when Charles got hungry during church,
he started banging away on that talking watch until the pastor one day said,
what is that noise.  Everybody busted out laughing.  Charles was also a
diabetic and had to eat at certain times, or so he claimed, but I think he
was just hungry like me.

Phil.

WWW.SafePlaceFellowship.COM