ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 16:32:55 -0600
Kathy,

That is true yes. I mean we moan and whine when we get a hang nail or a
cut, but imagine a metal pin stake or whatever you want to call it, being
lade  not on your hand as we see portrayed, but  actually between the hand
and forearm, the wrist area. This because the hand or palm would tear under
the pressure of the weight of a man.  Can you imagine the horror and reflex
of wanting to move your arm as you saw the weight come down towards it to
pin you to the cross? It is amazing what he endured. And for Mat's sake
I'll also mention that it was prophesied hundreds of years prior that this
would happen, and that no legs would be broke. It was customary after a few
days, to break the legs of the person being crucified so he no longer could
try to lift himself/herself up enough to gasp for air again with arms
stretched out hindering breathing. They would then suffocate after that to
bring a final close to the process. With Jesus they did not do this, but
instead saw he was gone and speared his side  to be sure it was in fact
over, which was also prophesied Hundreds of years prior.

Brad