C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 03:03:26 EDT
I would put it, I'm disabled and proud of it.  Too many parents put all these
stereotypes on disabled people for so long it carries over into adulthood.
I've known several in my area who are complete lost causes.  The brainwashing
that a person with a disability can't do anything is so forced on that person
it becomes the standard that the person is helpless.  I accept my disability.
It's high time that these prejudices are put to an end.  It can only happen
when those with disabilities are more out in the public in all areas.  What
recent movie have any of you seen with a disabled person or disabled couple are
romantic on the big screen?  Last time I came across anything like that was "The
Other Sister" That was supposed to be a serious look on the disabled, I felt
it was a comedy.  It was just from what I've been though that "The Other
Sister" wasn't believable to me.

Michael Jeffries
ICQ# 53522767 AIM, MSN, and Yahoo! ID MJeff25916