From:
Brent Harding <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 23:19:06 -0500
I was wondering what HT I should get that's mostly accessible? I'm totally
blind, and have heard that yesu should be one brand to steer clear from, as
the menus are quite complex. Do any have the ability for speech chips to be
installed, direct frequency entry, and/or computer programmability? At least
then, with a computer, I could load it with the repeater
settings/frequencies I'll be able to use. Does radio shack still sell ham
gear, or is ebay probably my best bet these days (scared of that option, as
I can't see what it's like before I buy), and I want something that's in
working condition. Any recommendations?
Thanks.
73's
Kb9lwj