From:
shawn klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 05:57:09 -0700
Howard, think I can tackle 4 & 5 for you.

>4.  How do I find my node number?
If you can find your call sign on echolink you can
find your node number. It will be a 6 digit number
after your callsign. For example,
KB7CLX     ks.                         ON   07:30
118226
My node number was at the end of the line,118226. I
pasted that in directly from my echolink screen.
Alternatively you could go to
http://www.echolink.org/logins.asp#user
That's the >current log-ins page on echolink's
web-site but it's a bit of a pain to navigate because
the page keeps refreshing every few minutes. It's set
up like the index view of echolink, but you can click
on users or links etcetera to go directly to that
section.

>5.  Besides puting the node number at the bottom of
my e-mails, what is
it
good for?
If your set up in sysop mode & running with a radio
linked to your computer, you could use your HT to
input the node number of the station you want to reach
with your DTMF pad, & you'll be directly connected to
it.
>6.  See you on echo link.
>73 de wa9top
Will look for you.