AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
kervin Soko <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 18:01:24 +0000
** Visit AAM's new website! http://www.africanassociation.org **

Mr. Redd,

Thanks for informing the Liberian Community about Mr. Alhamed's illness. Iam
suprise to hear same because my brother, Augustine and I are just next door
to the Alhamed's apartment and nobody told us or even call us on phone.
This is typical of what happened this gone weekend in Milwaukee where a
young Liberian girl is seriously sick and a rally was held to raise funds to
help pay her medical expenses. Mr. Boakai from Milwaukee told Godwin
Amegashie that he put the information on the Liberian website which I do not
believe he did. Now, people in Milwaukee are blaming us(Liberians)from
Madison that did not attend the rally. Mrs. Cecelia Dukuly's sister in
Milwakee also lost her husband in Liberia some part of last year and she
called Madison to let us know but the individuals she talked to did not tell
the rest of us. My question is why are we behaving like this to one another
in the Liberian Community of Wisconsin?

Come on Liberians in Wisconsin, let's weak up from the selfish mode of the
past and be there for the community and our people! We come so far from home
and that does not mean we should seperate ourselves from core group of
Liberians(school mates, class mates,tribes, former work mates). We should
embrace one another as brothers and sisters because we will all have to go
back to the Mother's land( Liberia) some days.

This is a hint to the wise and I hope it will be quite sufficient for all of
us in the Liberian Community of Wisconsin else something worse may happen to
raise everyone's eyebrow.

God be with Alhamed and his family.

Sincerely,

Kervin Soko