AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hedi Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 14:39:13 -0500
** Visit AAM's new website! http://www.africanassociation.org **

Madison Area Study Circles
2nd Annual Reunion Potluck
When: Wednesday 8/20/03
Where: Vilas Park Shelter - Next to Vilas Zoo

Schedule:
5:00 - 5:45 - Settle in, Catch up with Old and New Friends!
5:45 - 6:30 - Potluck
6:30 - 7:30 - Welcome/Testimony
7:30 - 9:00 - Kook Karaoke (Officially the event ends at 8:00, but if there is an interest to stick around and sing into the evening, we're willing to accomodate!)

What should I bring:
Your favorite dish!
(To help decide, we are asking you to bring the following according to the first letter of your last name: A-L = Main Dish, M-S = Dessert, T-Z = Appetizer)

What else should I know?
 * There will be activities for children
* There will be time for circle participants to share their stories!
* John Powell will be on hand with Kook Karaoke - Why not get your circle together and do a group song! Call to make sure we have the song, John has an extensive playlist, but can get what you need prior to the event.

Who is Invited?
Past and Present Participants

Sponsors

Mayor and his staff, Study Circles Steering Committee, Common Council, EOC and Race Task Force Members

ANYONE, who would like to learn more about the program and meet the participants!

To RSVP: Contact Hedi Rudd at 266-4442 or [log in to unmask]

Hope to see you there!
Hedi

Hedi Rudd
Mayor's Office
Study Circles on Race Program Coordinator
210 Martin Luther King Jr., Blvd Room 403
Madison, WI 53703-3346

608-266-4611 Phone
608-267-8671 Fax

"You keep plugging away--that's the way social change
takes place. That's the way every social change in history
has taken place: by a lot of people, who nobody ever heard
of, doing work."
Noam Chomsky