VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Bill Gallik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 20:35:39 -0600
Nero is quite accessible for JAWS interface, I cannot speak to it's
accessibility with WindowEyes.  There are a couple of caveats though with
Nero and JAWS:

1)  Make sure you have the latest version of Nero -- you can go to the
http://www.ahead.com web site and download the latest available version as
allowed per your licensed version.

2)  When working in the folder/file manipulation screen the default is not
very usable with JAWS.  The screen layout is to have what can best be
described as a pair of "Windows Explorer" screens displayed in a "side by
side" layout.  One of the "Windows Explorer" displays is for the source --
or from where you are getting folders and files.  The other "Windows
Explorer" display is the "target" where the selected folders and files are
to be placed (on the CD).  There is an item in the menus that will allow you
to arrange one of the "Windows Explorer" displays above the other which will
make screen reader access much less confusing.

3)  You do not need to use the "source windows explorer" display (although
it will still appear) for selecting folders and files to place into the
target display.  You can open a separate, real Windows Explorer application,
select and copy desired folders/files and move back to the Nero application
and paste these selected folders/files to the target display (just be sure
the target display is the "active" one.

I realize this is probably more information than you might have hoped for
but Nero really isn't so bad once you get used to it.  Now, I am assuming
you wanted Nero for writing data (folders/files) to a CD; I have never tried
creating an audio CD with it so I really can't say much there.  But if you
are planning on using Nero to save files and have any difficulty please feel
free to contact me directly.  My email address is in my "signature block."
Bill Gallik
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of
those who have much; It is whether we provide enough for those who have too
little."
- President Franklin Roosevelt, 1937